Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Leaving Slackerville...

Europe 2012 here we are!!

March 29th was officially my last day of work at my "I'll just go out and pick up a part time dental position until we are ready to go further south in a couple of months" job.  After my last post, (and the reason I have been a slacker) I dropped off my resume at an office and they hired me on the spot.  What was suppose to be a 2 1/2 month position, turned into a 7 month position and arguably, the reason why we get to spend extra time in Europe. 

Soooo, we got on a Royal Caribbean Transatlantic Cruise on April 18th and finally landed in Malaga, Spain today!!  We weren't at sea the whole time, we had ports of call in Labadee, Haiti where I zip lined 500 feet over the ocean for over 2,000 feet.

San Juan, Puerto Rico where we lost a passenger.  Philipsberg, St. Marrten where we snuck liquor back on to the boat because, let's be honest, we were going to be on a boat for 6 days in a row!  And finally, our last port of call, Tenerife, Canary Islands.  This is where we got off of the boat at 7 in the morning and stayed off until the very last minute of the day before we had to get back on the boat!  Wow!  13 nights and 14 days of cruising.  I think it was the best move that we could have made at the time that we booked, especially since it only cost us $400 US per person.

So now that we are here in Spain, we will stay in Malaga tonight and tomorrow night.  Then, we might head East to Grenada, or we might head Northwest to Seville, or we might just head straight to Madrid...so many European choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment